Skip to main content

Transformer Rescue Bots Birthday Party

OK so this year I had birthday party #4 under control. We were going to splash and play at a local spray ground (Creekside Playground & Sprayground) so our theme would be "Splish Splash"...or so I thought. After months of planning and discussing with my soon to be 4yr old, he informed me that "Splish Splash" would not work. Are you kidding me!? Seriously - I only have like 4 weeks until B day and I have been working & researching this theme for months (thank you Pinterest)!  OK so what would you like the theme to be son? Mom, I want Rescue Bots at my birthday party. Hmm OK so I go off in search of Transformer Rescue Bots.

HAHAHA jokes on me - there are NO such ready made decorations for Rescue Bots. *sigh* NOT AGAIN! Last year he wanted a theme that was not readily available for purchase in the stores (online orders only) and I vowed that I would never again allow this to happen. It stresses me out.

But anyone that knows us knows that what the prince wants he gets. (please don't message me about spoiling, not learning value yadde yadda - we spoil him - period). OK let's move on. Rescue Bots Birthday Party. This means at the very least we need treat bags, a pinata, cake and maybe a banner. Great, I can do this. Treat bags were super simple. I grabbed some white lunch bags from Wal-Mart and added a cool logo to the front saying thank you. A few squares to cut out and a few glue sticks later, those were done.

Now banner - Hmmm I really didn't want to craft this banner so I had to find a place to order that was reasonable and good quality. My friend runs a great blog called LouisvilleFamilyFun and in addition to keeping tabs on events for the family in the Louisville area she posts awesome sales etc...on facebook . Via one of her awesome deal I managed to zap up a super deal on a banner from Ink Garden that I was able to totally design myself. OK banner covered.


Now I am coasting - hmm this isn't so bad, let's pinata hunt. Located a cool pinata of Optimus Prime at Wal-Mart for $20. Take birthday boy to Wal-Mart seeking approval of said pinata..."mom that's a grown up transformer not a rescue bot. I like just rescue bots". Well that didn't go exactly as I planned. Headed back to the computer to hit up my friend Mr. Google to look for an approving pinata, but yielded no return. This means I am going to have to make this kiddo a pinata. ACK! I have never made a pinata BUT I do remember paper mache from eons ago when I was a kid in school. I thought this could be a fun project he could help me with. Boy I couldn't have been more wrong. He had zero interest in the paper mache except to submerge his entire hand in the goo and shake it vigorously all over throwing goo all over us.  This would prove to be another solo project.

With the pinata completed (here are the instructions) I just had to work out the cake design. Back to Mr. Google to search through images. I finally landed on this image as the one for his cake and proceeded to make a template. I am by no means a baker, in fact this would be my first attempt at baking a cake and decorating it since my niece turned 16 something like 5yrs ago. That ended terribly and scared me off. I headed to facebook to hit up all my baking friends for loads of advice. Then set out with a plan to make my baby an awesome Transformer Rescue Bot cake for his big day.

All in all I feel like he had a great day. He loved all of his decorations and since we were at the park I tried not to go overboard. It was stressful in the beginning (set up, people arriving etc...) but once we got into the party groove time flew past. I barely had time for the pinata.

I could never have pulled off such an awesome party without all the wonderful people that showed to help us celebrate despite the fact it was storming as folks were arriving. Also got lots of help setting up and cleaning up. Thank you everyone for making my baby feel so special!




Comments

  1. I'm going through the same thing for my soon-to-be 4 year old. He is a die hard fan! Thank you for the great ideas. Your decorations looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Hope he has a great birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I am not alone on this! My son is obsessed with Rescue Bots. He has all of the transformers, the fire house, bumblebee garage, and all action figures. We will use his toys for decorations and have created a banner. I just wish we could find plates, cups or even treat bags :) Great job on your party, and very creative ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jenny! Hope he has a great birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly the same experience here. Completely on his own, my son comes up with Rescue Bots. He knows all their names and everything and it was barely a blip on my radar. And yes, ditto on me trying to use regular Transformers. Got a big "no way" on that! I got a look that obviously meant I was an idiot. Thanks for the ideas. I only have a little more than 3 weeks as of tomorrow! Hasbro is way behind on this. I have heard that sometimes even the toys are hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am having the same issue. My 4 year old was set to have a Hot Wheels party and now he wants a Rescue Bots party. After doing some research I came across your blog. Thanks for the ideas! Where did you find the option to design your own banner...I see all of the pre-made options but not an option to make your own. TIA!-Ash

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having the same issue. My 4 year old was set to have a Hot Wheels party and now he wants a Rescue Bots party. After doing some research I came across your blog. Thanks for the ideas! Where did you find the option to design your own banner...I see all of the pre-made options but not an option to make your own. TIA!-Ash

    ReplyDelete
  8. Real.Life.Army.Wife
    When you visit the site I posted, select Events/Occasions then Birthday then Banner. At the top of the page just above the banner styles is a long rectangle across the page that says BUILD YOUR OWN - click there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy
    YES most of the toys are hard to find. The ones easiest to find are the ones that do not regularly appear on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for your post! Like you, my four year old has his heart set on Rescue Bots for his upcoming party & I stumbled upon your blog while researching possiblities. Thanks for your ideas! I too have become extremely disheartened by the lack of toys in the stores and even online. For such a new series (and popular one!), you would think it wouldn't be so difficult :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the great ideas! You've saved me some time as I was just starting my search for rescue bots themed b-day supplies. So sad to hear there aren't any. I saw someone from playskool commented on your blog...Jenna Drew can us mom's get some help there's definitely seems to be a market for this stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan & Mari thank you so much for the comments! I love doing things for my little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so creative! My son has become recently addicted to rescue bots as well. Our Christmas was centered around it and now his birthday is in 2 weeks, so we are adding to his collection. Where did you find the logos and pictures for your banner? I wish there was a picture of the goody bags you made :(

    Thanks! Missy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Missy I googled and located the images and just saved them to my computer. The gift bags were white lunch sacks with the orange logo (that I used for the cake). I downloaded & installed transformer font and used that font on the gift bags. I extended the orange box on photoshop to make it larger then added the words. I had totally forgotten to take a photo of them before they were all handed out. Hope that helps some.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for all of your great ideas! I too have a transformers rescue bots obsessed son who will be having his bday party next Saturday! I was lucky enough to find some very cheap personalized invitations and cupcake tippers/gift labels on etsy.com! I do empathize with u bc last year he wanted a blues clues party, and stores do not carry ANY blues clues anything! I even ended up having to bid on a stuffed blues clues dog on eBay! I was just curious...what was your sons party theme last year?

    ReplyDelete
  16. The previous year he requested Monster Trucks - specific trucks only. He was very specific. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So excited to have stumbled on your blog! My son will be 4 in February and is obsessed with Rescue Bots and I was at a total loss for party decor. Thanks for giving me some great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Food Lovin Momma
    So glad to know that I have made your journey a tad easier. Happy Party Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My kid's the opposite in wanting a regular Transformers party, but I don't want to pay over $100 for things to just be thrown away!

    In any case, you have inspired me to make my own banner & treat bags! i'm going to print and cut the logo and characters and paste it to a big poster board.
    Going to take your idea for the bags. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE this post! My son just declared this is party of choice! You are so creative and talented. I'm good at pinning, it's the execution I struggle with haha! Can you share where you found the font??? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE this post and party you planned!! Thank you for sharing!! Can you share where you found the font online?!? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jenna Thank you! I am sure I found the font at dafont.com and it was free. I just googled "free transformer font" and installed it (which was super easy to do).

    ReplyDelete
  23. 3 years later, there is still a lack of party supplies even though the demand is obviously there. But thanks to your blog, you've made my search a little easier. I'm not sure I'm talented enough to do the pinata, but it's a good idea to do the pull down instead of the batting to break free kind. At least, this year, I've started planning 2 months ahead so I have time to make some homemade crafts if necessary. Last year was more stressful and time crunched. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Transformer Rescue Bots Pinata

I am going to share my pinata making experience because I had never done this before and searched all over for references. OK birthday boy requests Transformer Rescue Bots party theme which is to include a pinata (Optimus Prime from Wal-Mart is apparently unacceptable). So I set out to make it. Shouldn't be so hard, right? Searched around the house for stuff to use and decided to use a Coca-Cola 12pack box. Why? Because we seem to always have 1 around. Cut it apart using the side structures and started to fold and tape a general logo. Once the general shape was done I taped a piece of heavy art paper to one side to bear the weight of the paper mache strips. Now time to get messy! I tore strips of newspaper and tossed them into a small container and mixed up some glue. I couldn't recall the goo recipe so I googled and found a super easy one. It was one part flour to 2 parts water; easy enough. My kiddo wanted to help once the mixing started (he likes to stir things). Then i

Transformer Rescue Bot Costume (DIY)

Well in keeping with our theme of the year (Transformer Rescue Bots) my kiddo chose a Halloween costume that wasn't available in stores. I was surprised to find that there were several options available for purchase with Rescue Bots just not the particular hero we were looking for. So for a couple of days weeks I thought about how I was going to put this costume together, make it warm (since it's typically coat wearing weather where we live), and keep it comfortable while allowing him easy access for potty breaks. These are all legitimate things to consider for small kiddo's. I finally decided to construct the whole costume from fleece and I used quilt batting on the interior. Let me apologize for the poor quality photos - I just snapped a few with my cell phone not anticipating a blog post. But after placing 2nd in a nationwide online costume contest I had second thoughts - and well I blogged. :) The body of "Chase" the Rescue Bot is constructed l